News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

This video briefly explains what's happened.

It sounds like Barca knew they couldn't afford Messi but wanted special treatment from the league. They probably thought with them being one of the big guns and Messi being the biggest draw for the league then they would get that. Fair play to the league if that's the case.

Apparently Messi has signed for PSG but I'll believe that when I see it. He's making an announcement on Sunday.

I'm glad City finally managed to keep their distance from him this time.

But yes if Messi does actually leave Barca, then I reckon he'll take Kun with him.

Or maybe Kun will come back to Pep? Hmmm.

Stephen Paul

Jack Grealish                Jadon Sancho
£100m                           Â£73m
£200k/w                       Â£350k/w                             
£52m(5yr)                 Â£91m(5yr)       
Total : £152m         Total: £164m

Only time will tell, who made better decision💙

KunDB

Blue Blooded Manc be in no doubt this is all part of a battle for control of the mega football tv/advertising money. It is linked to the Super League which Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are the key agents. La Lugs and Tebasvare trying to handcuff them via these rules and a private venture Covid bailout fund so they can’t break away. This is just the start of a dirty battle for control.

Stephen Paul

Lionel Messi has arrived at Turf Moor to discuss a possible transfer to Burnley following his failure to secure a new contract with Barcelona. The 6 time Ballon d’Or winner is available as a free agent.

Mixer
Dyche
“It was a good talk,” Sean Dyche told Soccer on Sunday. “I explained my vision, and he vomited into a nearby peddle bin. But once he overcame the shock, I think he relished the sound of endless balls being pumped into the mixer, aerial duels, living on scraps and chasing lost causes in the channels.”

“Obviously money could be an issue,” said the 50 year-old. “The chairman is prepared to push the boat out and give Lionel a generous dry cleaning allowance, and use of a 2014 Ford Fiesta on the weekends. So long as he throws a few quid of petrol into it.”

“The ball’s in Lionel’s court now,” he added.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: KunDB on August 08, 2021, 17:32:33
Blue Blooded Manc be in no doubt this is all part of a battle for control of the mega football tv/advertising money. It is linked to the Super League which Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are the key agents. La Lugs and Tebasvare trying to handcuff them via these rules and a private venture Covid bailout fund so they can’t break away. This is just the start of a dirty battle for control.

Ooo conspiracy!!!

Stephen Paul

Bernardo and Sterling houses on the market

Stephen Paul

City's summer business...
Ins: Scott Carson (Derby, free), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)

Outs: Sergio Aguero (Barcelona, free), Eric Garcia (Barcelona, free), Louie Moulden (Wolves, free), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Anderlecht, loan), James Strafford (Accrington, loan), Gavin Bazunu (Portsmouth, loan), Lewis Fiorini (Lincoln, loan), Jack Harrison (Leeds), Callum Doyle (Sunderland, loan), Lukas Nmecha (Wolfsburg)

Stephen Paul

Aguero out for 10 weeks with a calf injury

KunDB

And that’s why letting him go made good sense no matter how painful it was.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on August 09, 2021, 18:28:18
And that’s why letting him go made good sense no matter how painful it was.

Correct

Stephen Paul

Stones signs a new five year deal

KunDB

Stephen Paul

Stones has completely turned his career around after it looked liked he was going to end up like Joe Hart

Great player

Stephen Paul

The defender said he could not be happier and working with manager Pep Guardiola was a "dream".

KunDB

Positive vibes going around about the Harry Kane transfer.

From my point of view the fact that Spurs and Levy have not told City to do one, he’s our player is the biggest clue a deal can and probably will be done. So it’s all down to money, agreeing a transfer fee.

We might not have to wait until the deadline day after all, could be that a deal is done very soon after City’s game against Spurs is out of the way.

I’m buzzing with hope and excitement as the outlook will be so good if this transfer happens.

Stephen Paul

Spurs for me are a club on the slide and without Kane they will struggle

Stephen Paul

Jesus might go to spurs as part of the deal if Kane comes to man city.

gavin

We need two strikers minimum. Jesus must stay.

Stephen Paul

Jesus played back up for Aguero and would now be back up for Kane

Not sure if he would be up for that

KunDB

I get the feeling that in a a different team setup Jesus could flourish. I think it is very hard for any striker to excel in a Pep team, defend, do midfield duties etc. I’m hoping Kane is not unduly affected by this.