News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sterling

Started by zacc, May 18, 2015, 22:38:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think he'll be a good buy for City?

Yes
4 (14.3%)
No
17 (60.7%)
Depends on the price
7 (25%)
Not yet
0 (0%)
what was the question? ;)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

zacc

My view is prefer he doesn't come to City as seems to be happy for his agent to stir things up,which smacks of Tevez behaviour.
Plus he likes giving interviews off the cuff.

reddishblue

I remember seeing him at 17 and thinking this guy has talent. Not really improved  since. A no from me.

goat

runs like a ladyboy and his head is a few sizes too big for his body

him being english makes it a no even tho the dippers would manage to use the cash to weaken themselves again

goat

saw somewhere they dippers want dzeko and jovetic, would be a funny deal to do for him

Rowley Birkin QC

Certainly behaving like a right arse at the bin dippers as he and his agent try to engineer a move.

But... if you asked me to choose between Bale and Sterling, I think I might just prefer Sterling...

gavin

We don't seem to have much luck with wingers these days. We've finally got rid of Sinclair. Navas has only looked good in flashes, a hard worker but his end product and especially his finishing leaves quite a bit to be desired. Johnson also looked good on occasion but decided he was better off nearer home doing other things...

I would prefer David White or SWP from the last season of his first spell at City. Sterling would be worth a go at the right price but I doubt very much he will be at the right price.

I don't really agree that he is doing anything wrong at Liverpool. He doesn't have to sign a contract if he doesn't want to much as Milner doesn't have to at City. I can't really see Liverpool winning much in the near future either. So why should he stay there to earn less whilst winning nothing? Of course there is no loyalty in football and it has helped Liverpool sign a fair few players over the years especially when they were rich and successful. If they are now losing players to City then it is fucking great in my opinion.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 19, 2015, 14:55:48
Certainly behaving like a right arse at the bin dippers as he and his agent try to engineer a move.

But... if you asked me to choose between Bale and Sterling, I think I might just prefer Sterling...

Me too, a player plus cash deal involving Jovetic and no more than about £18m cash wouldn't be a bad move. I think part of his problem this season is that he's been about their only consistently fit forward and Rodgers has over-used him. He'd certainly be an upgrade on Navas/Milner on the right side of a 4-2-3-1 and playing alongside Silva and Aguero should help him develop.

Also Rodgers hasn't handled things well at all, blabbing off in the media about offering him "an incredible deal", not a good idea to negotiate these things in public.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on May 19, 2015, 21:23:35
Of course there is no loyalty in football and it has helped Liverpool sign a fair few players over the years especially when they were rich and successful. If they are now losing players to City then it is fucking great in my opinion.

Including getting Sterling from QPR, they can hardly complain if they now get bitten on the arse.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 19, 2015, 21:25:26
Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 19, 2015, 14:55:48

Me too, a player plus cash deal involving Jovetic and no more than about £18m cash wouldn't be a bad move. I think part of his problem this season is that he's been about their only consistently fit forward and Rodgers has over-used him. He'd certainly be an upgrade on Navas/Milner on the right side of a 4-2-3-1 and playing alongside Silva and Aguero should help him develop.

Also Rodgers hasn't handled things well at all, blabbing off in the media about offering him "an incredible deal", not a good idea to negotiate these things in public.

Not keen on Sterling myself, he seems to be one of these high maintainance characters, suffers from tiredness (England) and he seems to hold himself in high esteem, he's a bit too 'public' for me, his head is way too big (in more ways than one)  :D

I just worry if he comes to us if he will do what SWP did when he went to Chavski, ie nothing much...........Bale has a point to prove in the prem, and I dont want Manure getting him.

Rowley Birkin QC

There's something about Bale that makes me a little uneasy. An undoubted talent - fast - scores goals... but I've watched a lot of Real Madrid this season and I can see why they've got frustrated with him. It might be acute homesickness, or maybe the system Real play doesn't quite suit him but to my eyes he often doesn't seem to be on quite the same page as his team-mates and his decision making at critical moments is frequently poor.

Maybe a trip back to the Prem will sort Bale out, but part of me thinks Sterling would be a better fit for our squad.

Stephen Paul

A no from me , don't really rate him much and can't see him improving our squad

nimrod

Quote from: stephenmcfc on May 20, 2015, 03:17:57

what about the pig?

Ludo

Depending on the price I think he ticks all the boxes.

He young, home grown, paced and can score goals. He's certainly a better prospect than Navas.

Leewonpen

Quote from: Ludo on May 20, 2015, 06:59:00

He young, home grown, paced and can score goals. He's certainly a better prospect than Navas.

If you believe the papers (Express, Mirror) £40m and £200k a week.....a no from me at that price

bluepill

If we buy over priced English players we will end up having an over priced team that is as good as england

Ludo

Quote from: Leewonpen on May 20, 2015, 08:18:17
Quote from: Ludo on May 20, 2015, 06:59:00

If you believe the papers (Express, Mirror) £40m and £200k a week.....a no from me at that price

No, not at that price but it's the Express after all.

Maybe a player plus cash deal but I doubt we'd be offering that sort of wage.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: nimrod on May 20, 2015, 04:07:26
Quote from: stephenmcfc on May 20, 2015, 03:17:57

what about the pig?
Pig says Fook him

KunDB

If we are not as constrained by Financial Foul Play then who cares about price or wages, the club can sort that.

A yes from me, young, English, home grown will bring some pace and passion into our game. .

Leewonpen

Quote from: Zabba on May 20, 2015, 11:32:51
If we are not as constrained by Financial Foul Play then who cares about price or wages, the club can sort that.

A yes from me, young, English, home grown will bring some pace and passion into our game. .
Pay Sterling £200k a week - what do the existing first team take from that?.....if he's worth £200k, Aguero......? Can you imagine the hissy fit from Yaya's agent, all the other players we may be interested in, their demands go up.
You and I are not paying for that directly so in that respect why should we care? But the owner is surely a shrewd cookie and will want to recoup his money. Also from a personal perspective I'm a firm (idealistic maybe) believer that money in football has gone way over the top. FFP may not be the answer but a solution is needed.

....oh, and I'm not even sure he's that good.

goat

not sure english is a plus point either, look at the last load of english players weve had