News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

well done Jessica

Started by Stephen Paul, November 13, 2014, 19:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

bry the guy

citoeast

Latest is that Sheffield Utd have now withdrawn their offer of use of their training facilities from Ched Evans.

gavin

Sheff U not coming out of this very well. Criticised by many for not having the morals to turn him down out of principle. Now they don't have the backbone to follow through with their stance.

citoeast

Conducted a survey of their staff allegedly before offering him use of training facilities.

Makes you wonder what the culture at the club is that they could be so out of touch with wider society.

andy1966

They have now retracted their offer to have him train at the club

Looks like his career  is fooked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30054475

goat

panic over, they can still have a stand named after someone with nothing to do with anything

Ludo

The decision to allow Evans to train was never one that Sheffield United were ever going to come out of looking good.

It was understandable that criticism from the general public and fans, both grass roots and high profile, would be unabated and has probably brought about the right outcome.

goat

so if the appeal goes his way and he does clear his name i wonder how many will say sorry

he can always go to scotland or somewhere without a proper league

Ludo

Berlusconi can sign him to help him out at the bunga-bunga parties.

citoeast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30151774

Sheff Utd angry they have had to do a u-turn.

What a bunch of idiots, how much do they want to damage their reputation; well the cinders that are left of it.

For your info Sheffield United co-chairman Jim Phipps try reading this sentence and not cringe.

"Sheffield United co-chairman Jim Phipps says he is "angry" they have been forced to deny convicted rapist Ched Evans the chance to train at the club."

No one forced you to let him train or stop him training you made a decision. our indignation and outrage on this contrasts shockingly with your silence on the crime.

I will refrain from saying more but football needs a long hard look at itself, its morals and ethics.

citoeast

Quote from: goat on November 21, 2014, 13:08:20
so if the appeal goes his way and he does clear his name i wonder how many will say sorry

he can always go to scotland or somewhere without a proper league
[/quote

Give up the denial fair trial, fair verdict, guilty by 10 of his piers.

If he is ever acquitted (or the rest of the prison population) then is the time to consider his treatment, but only then.

gavin

So no-one has ever been wrongly convicted then?

goat

and was it a fair trial?
still seems like the word of a girl who in her own words was too drunk to remember what happened

goat

Quote from: Ludo on November 21, 2014, 19:57:33
Berlusconi can sign him to help him out at the bunga-bunga parties.

and when robinho comes back they can catch up and share rapey tips

clevblue

Quote from: gavin on November 21, 2014, 21:47:07

Yes of course and he's now going to carry on paying for it if he wants to be a professional player, because everyone knows now what he was convicted of, he'll be tainted with that forever. Or he could just disappear into an ordinary job and most people will forget him.

In fact that's what it seems he will be doing from now on if no club can take the flack.

It's the 'demon drink' that's responsible, really it is poison and it gets to some more than others, some brains react very badly to alcohol. If I get too much I just fall asleep. It turns some into monsters - and they don't need all that much  :o

citoeast

Of course it happens, but if every time we convict someone we just keep on calling and treating them as innocent until they give up appealing or run out of appeals we may as well unlock the prison gates and let them all out now.

He had a trial, he had an appeal, he is guilty. That was and is his verdict. Even if he and some others are not willing to accept that.

He is trying to appeal further and he has that right, until then he is guilty in the eyes of the law and society and is still serving his sentence. Tough luck if he cannot get his high profile, highly paid job back. That is his own fault with no one else to blame. Entirely due to his own appalling despicable behaviour; irrespective of the verdict.

I hear few on here spouting the rights of the victim or talking about her horrendous ordeal and the subsequently devastating impact on her life. Strange that, but then she's not a footballer just a victim of rape.

goat

not 100% his fault, the ones chipping in are not helping and umm seem to be drawing more attention/publicity to it . seriously why are people like nick clegg chipping in, its not like he is qualified to do anything of use anyway and its possible its only to remind people he is still around, what with his career just as chedded up

im willing to bet these wankers are not whinging because he wants to play football but are jealous he will earn more than a fair load of them

goat

Quote from: citoeast on November 21, 2014, 23:18:11

I hear few on here spouting the rights of the victim or talking about her horrendous ordeal and the subsequently devastating impact on her life. Strange that, but then she's not a footballer just a victim of rape.

her horrendous ordeal?

all we know is she got shitfaced and fucked ched

gavin

I don't see everyone as innocent after being convicted but I do have a healthy cynicism when it comes to justice. In this case I just don't see how anyone can be convicted of a crime when the victim can't remember what happened and there is no physical harm or evidence of force or of protestation or of anything. What actual evidence is there she didn't consent? Even she doesn't claim to actually know what happened. It rather stinks of a presumption of guilt which runs contrary to justice as it is supposed to be as far as I'm aware. Rape is a heinous crime, dunno why it seems to have a lower burden of proof than any other crime.

goat

my theory

ched told her he was a footballer
she saw money
they shagged
she googled ched and or sheffield united
10000000s turned into 1000s
decided she didnt want to shag ched after all