News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

influx of refugees

Started by Stephen Paul, September 06, 2015, 07:43:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

should we reach out and help these people? A lot of folk back home up in arms about taking these people in .

I think they need help now and people need to realise the world is becoming a very different place But!!

Sweden has stated that crime is on the rise and rapes have increased by 100% since the influx

ISIS have said that they have smuggled 2000 men into to Europe to fight the cause

What is the solution to all this????

innocent people always suffer

Chippy_Tea

I like most people haven't a clue what should be done, this country is on its knees financially, the use of food banks has trebled and most people i know haven't had a wage rise in years, who is going to pay for these refugees now Cameron has buckled and it looks like they will be coming here.

Lekos

I don't buy the excuse of 'this country is on it's knees' bullshit. Hungary and Malta have accepted more asylum applications than the UK. They are hardly economic powerhouses.

goat

Quote from: stephenmcfc on September 06, 2015, 07:43:04

Sweden has stated that crime is on the rise and rapes have increased by 100% since the influx

sweden or the sverigedemokraterna, the ikea version of the national front thats trying to get in power?

Ludo

There are approximately 5.5 million British migrants living abroad, I assume in search of a "better life", so it would be a bit hypocritical of us to refuse entry to a few thousand refugees in search of the same thing.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I don't have a clue what they should, but one child's corpse washing up on the shore is more than enough of a reason to help these people.

People are out touting a 'us and them' mentality as if just because there from another country that there less human than us.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Chippy_Tea on September 06, 2015, 09:09:25
I like most people haven't a clue what should be done, this country is on its knees financially, the use of food banks has trebled and most people i know haven't had a wage rise in years, who is going to pay for these refugees now Cameron has buckled and it looks like they will be coming here.

No, some people in this country are on their knees financially mainly as a result of government policies. The country itself is inordinately wealthy compared to most parts of the world.

gavin

Welcome people but consider why they want to move from their homes. World problems such as war and poverty must be addressed. I don't agree with any them and us. There's only us and selfishness, greed and lust for power are among our worst character traits as a species.

Swiss

Germany are setting an example (not necessarily all good judging by the riots and demanding Britain take more) by setting up tented areas for them to temporarily live.
Better for them to live in gated tents than on the streets.

Just hope the showers are ok!

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

bluebrendan

Quote from: stephenmcfc on September 08, 2015, 06:15:21
Aussies say no

I take it the irony that most of them are either immigrants themselves or descended from immigrants is lost on them?

nimrod

Rowley Birkin QC

gavin

Aye, the Aussies are determined to pollute the planet at such a rate that soon enough anyone near a sea will have to swim for safety.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yep. Lets burn lots more coal and only take in refugees who are Christian!

The small minded bigots running our country will only be happy once they've dragged us back to the 1950's

Stephen Paul

they are expecting up to 10 million into europe , can they deal with  this ?

goat

easily
dont let the bullshit news and papers fool you stevie

Stephen Paul

i think Ireland said they would take 30 or 40