News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Teamvs Spurs and match thread

Started by Paul lakes knee, September 26, 2015, 11:56:14

Previous topic - Next topic

bannblue

Very poor today.Cabalerro not good enough,Sterling poor,Aguero out of form,Yaya injured etc etc. Ah well Bring on the germans !!!

nimrod

so much for looking forward to us having an early game so I can watch it live  ::)

nearly midnight here

night night blues  :-*

KunDB

I love attacking football but this is Kevin Keegan the second all attack no defence. Not good.  Not a balanced set up IMHO.

WHEN WE ARE WINNING WE LOOK GOOD, very good. When we are on the back foot we look awful and vulnerable. 

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on September 26, 2015, 14:43:04

I think the point he is making is we will not be champions playing as we have.
Oh for fucks sake...

Well if that's the case the rag dick-head should express himself better

bannblue

Quote from: Zabba on September 26, 2015, 14:46:08
I love attacking football but this is Kevin Keegan the second all attack no defence. Not good.  Not a balanced set up IMHO.

WHEN WE ARE WINNING WE LOOK GOOD, very good. When we are on the back foot we look awful and vulnerable.

Spot on. 8)

guidebridgeblue

Its all gone to shit since KdB came!

Feckin speechless

Rowley Birkin QC

Seriously guys - do have a fair few injuries to contend with.

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 26, 2015, 14:53:56
Seriously guys - do have a fair few injuries to contend with.

Yes it is mainly second 11 the really serious problems emerge but we continue to flatter to deceive and crumble easily. We really should be a lot better than we are.

lee

apart from the offside goals we were shite..

kev should have played central from the start and roberts out wide

why is tricky trev on this forum?

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Trying to look at it objectively - we have more than our fair share of injury problems at the moment. Even so, we were pretty good in the first half and scored a good counter-attacking goal.

Then Spurs got lucky...  very lucky. We should still have been OK, but after the break Caballero decides to go for a ball he can't possible reach and then Spurs get a third with another dose of good fortune (although not quite as bad as their first - at least the off-side was only marginal this time).

From then on we were chasing the game and gaps inevitably began to open up at the back. It would have been hard even for a well drilled defence not to have offered up Spurs a few decent chances.

Yaya going off injured just about finished us off - and if that didn't do it, taking Fernandinho off certainly did. We looked out of ideas and well beaten from then on. 

Aguero was well marshalled by the Spuds defence, and one thing I took away from this is that when Silva isn't playing we should probably go with two strikers whenever we can. Otherwise we don't pose enough threat or opportunity around opponents' boxes. 

goat

gavin

Come on lads, nobody is going to be happy at getting well beat at Spuds but let's keep it civil. No need for the insults and particularly the worst of all - accusing someone of being a rag.

For what it is worth, he is probably right there. We can't play like that too often and win the league. But didn't the rags get absolutely tonked once at Newcastle and still win it?

It is up to Pellers to sort it out. I thought he should have gone in the summer. Then I turned and thought I was probably wrong after the first few games. Now it looks like I might have been right in the first place. Anyway, he's not going to go for a bit at least so let's see if he can manage to sort it.

Pretty fucking annoying all that so frayed tempers pretty understandable but try to ignore it if you're just going to respond with insults.

gavin

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 26, 2015, 15:28:29
Aguero was well marshalled by the Spuds defence, and one thing I took away from this is that when Silva isn't playing we should probably go with two strikers whenever we can. Otherwise we don't pose enough threat or opportunity around opponents' boxes.

Only one striker fit to be fair. Yes, we're being unfortunate with injuries but that team was strong enough to do well at Spuds. The most disappointing thing was that when we went 2-1 down I knew it was just a matter of how many they put past us. We were completely and totally lost at that stage. We had enough good players but not enough, desire, determination and belief to come back. You could just see it.

The season will change again I'm sure. Looks like it will be another rollercoaster. But it needs to turn up soon.

silvablue

An over reaction to today would be a mistake but it is not just today, it is Juventus, West Ham and all our failed european performances when the chips were down last year as well.

Pelle has failed to convince he can get the best out of this team of very talented players, consistently.

Tricky Trev

Quote from: goat on September 26, 2015, 15:59:00
shit admin?

Yeah let's ban all the fuckers who disagree with me! Take a look in the mirror, I never resort to personal attacks, that's on some of you, but I should be banned? I know many of you are old grumpy people set in your ways but sometimes you need a different view and to stop your godamn circle jerk.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 26, 2015, 14:23:55
Putting the rage aside, I think it's well deserved for spurs to finally get a sweet sweet revenge. The luck vs spurs had to end at some point.
Piss off you rag fooker

silvablue

Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 26, 2015, 16:34:46
Yeah let's ban all the fuckers who disagree with me! Take a look in the mirror, I never resort to personal attacks, that's on some of you, but I should be banned? I know many of you are old grumpy people set in your ways but sometimes you need a different view and to stop your godamn circle jerk.

Surely the 'shit admin' was nothing more than a light-hearted jest at admin, not a call for banning you. 'Take a look in the mirror' versus 'I never resort to personal abuse' What a contradiction that is.

Lekos

It's not the disagreement that's the issue. It's the fact he come across as a cnut.

Victoria

Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 26, 2015, 16:34:46

I am neither old or grumpy, nor do I resort to personal abuse   :)