News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Match Thread - Manchester City v some tossers

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 20, 2016, 15:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Nearly 3.00am in the morning down here... this had better be worth it.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on March 20, 2016, 15:47:21
mrs ken on coffee duty?

Mrs Ken is away! Just me and the cats - with the volume turned up.

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

Lots of attack, but that back four makes me twitch a bit

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 15:49:03

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

You must have nerves of steel, that back 4 makes nme shake and perspire heavily.

KunDB

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 15:49:03

mrs ken is smart, fucking off  for the derby

Ludo

Given the weakness of our central defence im surprised Pellegrini hasn't given them a bit more cover in midfield.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on March 20, 2016, 15:57:55
I prefer when Zabaleta plays.

sagna has been  fine all season, zab doesnt add  a  lot different to him

Swiss

I know Kolarov isn't the best defensively, but surely he offers more going forward than Clichy, and it's not as if he's been great defensively either!
And how has Zabba gone to 2nd choice from one of the best rb's in the world???

Rowley Birkin QC

I would have preferred Zab as well (after Sagna's last showing...)

Nice to see Garcia on the bench.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on March 20, 2016, 16:00:06
sagna has been  fine all season, zab doesnt add  a  lot different to him

I disagree, Sagna tends to switch off and isn't as good going forwards. He also doesn't have the same heart/determination as zabba

goat

zab does run forward a lot but how many of his crosses end in anything?

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

Swiss

KunDB

A classic bit of Otamendi defending by Demi. We are just not on the pace as has become the norm for us.

Rowley Birkin QC

There's a danger here that they will make us look ordinary with nothing more than pace

Neil Mcnab

Demichelis is making a good impression of a statue.

KunDB

I had hoped Pelle would give Adarabioyo another run out, but no chance he would take such a decision.

KunDB

Falling asleep watching our slow paceless possession and absolutely awful defending by us at the back, with no protection from midfield for them. We have been up to now second best at home to an awful Utd team, who only havepace which we seriously lack. Its an old team against a team with some young legs.

We just do not get players forward enough and attacking their box, no surging midfield runners and no pressure on their shaky defence. Sergio is an isolated figure running around up front trying to create chances for himself.

Our corners are a waste of space, as our free kick crosses in and around the opposition box.

Once again Pelles tactic is wait and wait and wait in the hope one of our players will produce a solo bit of magic and score.