News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City opt out of super league

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 18, 2021, 14:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Hesperus on April 20, 2021, 19:37:28
Hey ho, back to the non corrupt, non closed shop competition that is the Champions League.

Whoop dee f*cking do!

:D

Stephen Paul

super power Spurs will probably pull out last

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ed Woodward has stepped down as rags chief exec.

Balls, he was doing such a good job!!

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on April 20, 2021, 19:37:28
Hey ho, back to the non corrupt, non closed shop competition that is the Champions League.

Whoop dee f*cking do!

So sadly true lol

gavin

Next to sort out the laughable UEFA proposals.

gavin

Two days is a short time to be in a division even for us

KunDB

Good old Beeb lol

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501/url]

European Super League: Manchester City withdraw and Chelsea prepare to follow

gavin

City website crumbles under the pressure again.

gavin

Don't read the following quote unless you want to vomit.....

QuoteUefa president Aleksander Ceferin has welcomed the withdrawal of Manchester City from the breakaway closed league project.

“I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family," said Ceferin.

“They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football; from the world beating Champions League final right down to a young player’s first coaching session at a grassroots club.

“As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision.

“City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.”

KunDB

I have to say City could and should have issued a better statement, perhaps an apology, regrets and some type of explanation for jumping onboard with the motley mutinous (guys and clubs) that have spent ten years trying to shaft us.

Paddy

Thank heavens, sanity has returned to football

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on April 20, 2021, 21:41:21

Wankers.

Hesperus

Clearly the club have entered into a major PR disaster with the decision to join the ESL.

Wouldn’t be surprised if someone senior pays the price with their job.

KunDB

John Henry one of the main architects of this and Project Big Picture apologising on TV to fans. A PR move. City and Ferran, nowhere to be seen. Woeful.

Stephen Paul

Barcelona and Madrid are behind this as they are on their knees financially according to some pundits

Stephen Paul

John Barnes just called City and Pep hypocrites

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on April 20, 2021, 21:41:21
Read between the lines, Gav, remember Ceferin visitng the Etihad a couple of times for talks?

lee

Quote from: stephenmcfc on April 21, 2021, 08:32:22
John Barnes just called City and Pep hypocrites

Some people really need to keep their mouths shut

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on April 21, 2021, 09:55:43
Some people really need to keep their mouths shut

First degree cnut just said it on BBC and also City should be punished for overspending 😡