News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City opt out of super league

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 18, 2021, 14:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

🚨 Five English clubs 'sign up to European Super League' via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/FqQfcCzzyfb

Stephen Paul

KunDB

I read they were last to sign up, signing up yesterday.

KunDB

From New York Times

After months of secret talks, the breakaway teams â€" which include Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain; Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea in England; and Juventus and A.C. Milan in Italy â€" could make an announcement as early as Sunday, according to multiple people familiar with the plans.

The so-called super league they have agreed upon â€" an alliance of top clubs closer in concept to closed leagues like the N.F.L. and the N.B.A. than soccer’s current model â€" would bring about the most significant restructuring of elite European soccer since the 1950s, and could herald the largest transfer of wealth to a small set of teams in modern sports history.

KunDB

From M.E.N.

Reports in the national media claim that Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham have agreed to join the project, which will be governed by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.

gavin

There seems some contradiction as to whether City have agreed or not. It is not nice to be in bed with the rags and scousers in a new greed league if we have agreed. However, when the opposition to it includes UEFA, The Premier League and that twot Boris Johnson then maybe it ain't so bad after all. I didn't like what was leaked about UEFA's plans and the current competition is crap as it is.

I think we can sum this up as the following - we join a bunch of greedy wankers, who tried to shaft us, in a breakaway or we stick with a bunch of greedy wankers, who tried to shaft us. What a choice.

I wouldn't want to deal with any of the cunts personally but we have to play somebody.

lee

UEFA are a bunch of dirty cunts who have mistreated us over the years.Bollocks to them

Stephen Paul

I am almost done with football

The rich getting richer

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The super league is official and City are in it.

It's happening! Plans confirmed for NEW European Super League via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/7EOnPXmJzfb

lee

Sterling clearly knew about this for months   :D

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Rags, Inter, Juve and Milan have all left the ECA.

Ed Woodward has left his roles with UEFA.

It's interesting and entertaining if nothing else!

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Bayern and Dortmund have said they intend to stand by the ECA. PSG aren't involved either.

Gareth

Brilliant here, it’s not possible to have a conversation without being plunged into the depths of outrage that the Old Firm haven’t been invited! If it’d been me, I would’ve just invited one of them, doesn’t matter which, then sat back and watched Glasgow go up in flames...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Christ I hadn't even thought about Jocks!

Gareth, you evil bastard, I love it!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Gareth on April 19, 2021, 12:51:27
Brilliant here, it’s not possible to have a conversation without being plunged into the depths of outrage that the Old Firm haven’t been invited! If it’d been me, I would’ve just invited one of them, doesn’t matter which, then sat back and watched Glasgow go up in flames...
Good idea

KunDB

Disgraceful this has been done behind closed doors down alleyways with no fan, football authority input.

That said I’m guessing City faced the dilemma of jump on the bus or be left behind. Stay at the bus stop you are not a founding member with all the benefits that flow from that.

The devil or the deep blue sea.

Paddy

Neil Mcnab

Money, money, money. If it happens, as difficult as it might be, the club would be dead to me.