News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

fuck off australia part 4

Started by goat, September 16, 2015, 17:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

When analysing that huge spider, this wasn't the first thing that came into my head

"The spider, which appeared to have an abdomen similar in size to a large halogen light globe".

goat

7 pages this and they still havent closed the place down

Swiss

Tbf, as long as they keep rolling out Pia Miller's, I'd take a few brown snakes (not a euphemism).

reddishblue

Arriving in Oz at the end of March (Sydney) mainly to see the kids as they've been out there for a while. I'm there for a couple of months and wondered if Rowley fancies a pint sometime as the offspring will undoubtedly get pissed off with me at some point.

Rowley Birkin QC

I'd love to, but I'm in Melbourne. And this is a big country!

reddishblue

I have to go Melbourne at some point so being far away isn't getting you out of buying a pint.

Rowley Birkin QC

reddishblue

Recommend some ales to try.

reddishblue

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 03, 2022, 23:22:54
😆 Okay - stay in touch.

Not long now. I've put you down as my emergency contact on my DPD, Ta.

reddishblue

I shall be claiming refugee status immediately upon arrival due to war in Europe even if they can't whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqmQlSScI0

Rowley Birkin QC

Hi reddish. Apologies - just getting back to this (i've currently several contracts on the go - lots of early starts - so rushing around like an idiot).  On the question of ale... Aus has a flourishing micro brewer industry these days, producing a wide range of interesting beers, but much of it is very local so I'm not familiar with what you'll find in Sydney. Some of the better bottle beers like James Squire and Four Pines cross State boundaries. Beer is generally drunk cold here, so expect a lot of lager beers, pale ales, and Pacific ales. But there are some interesting 'dark' ales kicking around, and a few good stouts (usually only in bottles though). You might want to steer clear of some of the mainstream draft stuff (mostly Tooheys in Sydney; Victoria Bitter and Carlton Draught here in Melbourne) in the 'big' pubs - perfectly drinkable, but no better than the stuff they dish out at UK football grounds. Furphys is okay-ish for a standard lager-beer However, most decent pubs usually have a 'speciality' beer or two on tap.  Ask the bar staff - they're usually quite informative on what your  drinking (once they finished winding you up about English cricket!)

Rowley Birkin QC

Forget about refugee status - the unsympathetic fuckers will just lock you up in a 'hotel' for several years.

Rowley Birkin QC

Let me know when you're in Melbourne Reddish. I've a lot on at the moment,  but I have projects on in the city until Easter, so I could meet you in a pub after work, if you're around?

reddishblue

Just arrived in Sydney don't know yet when I'll be in Melbourne

Rowley Birkin QC

Won't be anything over the next week I'm afraid. Tested positive to covid this morning ☹

gavin

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on April 07, 2022, 16:55:35
Get well soon

Thanks Gavin. First couple of days were a bit rough. Not so bad now, but very tired. The vaccines certainly soften the blow.

lee

Be right in a few days Ken and back on them nice beers you described.Get well soon.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: lee on April 13, 2022, 07:32:58
Be right in a few days Ken and back on them nice beers you described.Get well soon.

Thank Lee. I'm not so bad. First 48 hours were a bit rough, but the vaccines did their job and softened the blow (I've had worse flu). Almost back to normal now, but very tired and no energy. City dealing with Athletico's shithousery was quite the tonic. Very proud of the boys for standing up to them.

reddishblue

Balters is a nice pint. To sup at home I am mostly having 50 lashes.