News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ronaldo is such a rag to the core that he has just stabbed every Utd fan in their hearts, by wanting to join us and ignoring Utd. Oh I feel their pain so much more than my detest.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I couldn't give a shite who used to play for who. He's a top player and would improve any team in the world.

Rowley Birkin QC

So - let me get this straight.... on the same day one of our players is charged with 4 counts of rape, we appear to be thinking of signing another alleged rapist (paid his alleged victim off)?

I am fucking disgusted.

gavin

Max Allegri, Juventus coach, has confirmed that Ronaldo is leaving Juventus.

QuoteI'm absolutely not disappointed, because Cristiano took his own decision. Everything comes and goes in life. At Juventus, we had Omar Sivori, Michel Platini, Alessandro Del Piero, Zinedine Zidane, Gianluigi Buffon, some great champions and even better managers. It's one of the laws of life. But Juventus will always be here, that's the most important thing, the most solid foundation to get the results. He was here for three years, he gave his contribution, he put himself at Juventus' disposal, and now he's leaving and life goes on as it should.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

gavin

Pep says that he expects to end the window with the squad as is but anything can happen in transfers.

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh, and another thing - we actually seem to be getting worse (if that we're possible) at signing our preferred transfer targets. We still haven't signed a decent striker, and City fans are getting all excited about the possibility of landing this arrogant ex-rag shit!

Hesperus

Looks like he’s going to Utd now, so we all be happy or angry depending on your view.

Either way, as Rowley says we aren’t doing well obtaining our targets.

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 27, 2021, 14:18:36
Oh, and another thing - we actually seem to be getting worse (if that we're possible) at signing our preferred transfer targets. We still haven't signed a decent striker, and City fans are getting all excited about the possibility of landing this arrogant ex-rag shit!

Grealish a great signing but even my deceased granny could have bought him at the buyout clause terms.

Otherwise, this transfer window has been a massive embarrassment and failure for City. Not so unusual we seem totally inept and inferior in this regard to other big clubs.

Time to give the academy strikers and others their big chance.

Hesperus

Confirmed by City ronaldo is not coming. Utd in advanced talks to sign him.

I think it’s fair to say that unless we pull something out of the bag before end of the window this transfer window has been very poor for us.

gavin

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure that the club that has won three out of the last four titles should be described as inept and inferior in the transfer market. We make mistakes and sometimes struggle to get the players that we want like every other club. But the measure of success in the transfer market is titles.

It seems to me that we had two main targets, got one (Grealish) and failed to get the other (Kane). With Levy refusing to negotiate at all for Kane then I fail to see what else could have been done there. Maybe there was an issue with targetting Kane in the first place, that I could agree with to an extent. But if it was him who Pep really wanted then we had to do what we could to get him.

The Ronaldo thing is a bit of a joke really. A lot of press talk and maybe we would have taken him if he was offered to us but really I suspect that we've just been used to get him out of Juventus. I'm not upset at 'losing out' there. 36 and not really a part of our plans.

lee

Thank fook for that..Cant believe we were linked with that cnut.

onerytk

Quote from: lee on August 27, 2021, 16:08:37
Thank fook for that..Cant believe we were linked with that cnut.

With you on that mate

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on August 27, 2021, 11:03:28
There are rumours he (Haarland) is demanding £850k per week.

I think the deal with Bayern for next season is probably already done. Although he would have been my first choice over Kane and all others.

Ahh. Forgot about the additional Mino Raiola madness element.

Neil Mcnab

I did not see how Ronaldo fitted the team and the work expected. He is like a Dzeko signing these days, a threat off the bench, great in the air. One signing, Grealish, is that enough impetus and pressure on the other players. No. I could see us missing out on the league and the champions league. Looks like its the Rumbelows only this year.

Hesperus

We still have the best manager in the league by far so anything is possible this season but if we look at our summer transfer business compared to our rivals, I don’t think we’ve had  a good window. Still a couple of days to go though as Pep said anything could happen.

I doubt we’ll get a striker now, but im still hoping for a LB.

lee

Maybe Bernardo out the door before the window shuts..I hope not.

Looks likes no one else coming in.

gavin

I'm glad the window is shut and it makes me laugh that newsnow is still full of links about transfers but now talking about who we will be signing in January and even next summer. The last couple of matches we have been fine without a striker but there is bound to be another game like Spuds away which will be followed by an outcry of they should have bought a striker. We should remember that many teams with strikers draw a blank. The ultimate measure of our season will be the title. If we retain it then we've done a good job.

Grealish will help us. He already seems to be adding a different, more dynamic option. He will grow over the coming months too. So far, he has looked a top notch signing to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have seen us sign a striker. But not at any cost. We must win the title. If we do then we were definitely better not to pay over the odds for Kane or Ronaldo. Even if we don't win the title then it still might not be so bad in the long term. We refused to pay the money for VVD and it probably cost us the title in 2020. But then we got Ruben and won in 2021.

Hesperus

I think Grealish will be a great player, but I don’t think attacking midfielder was a position we really needed to strengthen. We clearly wanted Kane, so not securing a striker has to be seen as a fail and the entire pursuit seemed fake to me. The management team also clearly don’t see left back as a problem position.

Let’s see what Pep can do this season with them, as Gav said that’s the real test.

The PL will be much more competitive and I hate to say it but Ronaldo could be a game changer for them.

The CL will be tough again and PSG should walk it given their recruiting this summer.

KunDB

Not getting Kane was a clear failure and I put it down to our seemingly strict policy of assessing a players price then refusing to pay above this assessment.

That’s fine with most players but when you want the very top players you need to be flexible and expect to pay a premium. Go in hard and early should be the lesson learned for future bids for top players eg Haaland type players.

gavin

So lets be clear here. How much would you have paid for Kane? There has to be a limit. Sticking to a sensible policy is not failure.

Even if we had no limit, there is no guarantee that Spurs would have sold anyway. Look at the Madrid bid for Mbappe, which seems crazy money for a player into the last season of his contract. Still, PSG said no.

We have to be realisitic. Sometimes, we won't be able to get better players than we have.